Monday, December 27, 2004

Cultural enlightenment

Before I met my husband two years ago I happily went to see many musicals again and again. I was the proud owner of a vast collection of single and double CD musical collections. I had never attended a live symphony concert voluntarily. Classical music was for "old" people and nerds. It was something my father listened to in the back yard on a Sunday afternoon, while conducting an invisible orchestra with his fly swatter, intermittently swatting at a passing fly in his never ending quest to rid the world (and Australia) of these pests.

I have now been attending regular Jerusalem Symphony concerts for 2 years. I am starting to make a list of music that I love, I even listen to classical music all day at work.

Last week was our first wedding anniversary and my husband bought me my first ever Classical CD. The Berliner Philharmonic playing Albinoni:Adagio, Pachelbel:Canon - WOW I love it!

What's next?