Wednesday, March 09, 2005

A Lesson to all!

2 people I know quite well in the "area" just got engaged. I didn't even know they were seeing each other, but mine and my husbands immediate reaction was "WHAT?". Not because we are not happy for them, rather we are thrilled for them. We just assumed that they had known each other for many years and the match seemed a bit surprising.

Then we were reminded that people must obviously have thought/said that about our match. I have known my husband for nearly 7 years. You could say we were shule acquaintances. I would see him every week at shule, we would often chat, catch up on what was going on in each others lives. If I had a party he was always invited and visa-versa. It never really occurred to me, until it occurred to me, that we would be soulmates.

People sometimes ask us how it happened - I don't have just one answer - and I am sure they would all differ to my husband's answers. My only words of wisdom to those people still looking would have to be - look around you - pick someone you think is nice, tolerable, interesting, cute in a kind of dorky way and then splash out on a big shabbat meal and invite them over. It worked for me :)

Mazaltov A and E