Sunday, January 16, 2005

Rabbi Nosson Slifkin

There is much discussion on the blogosphere about the controversy surrounding Rabbi Nosson Slifkin's book.

I would just like to add my 2 cents worth!

I know Rabbi Slifkin and his family personally. He is a good, righteous person, from a good righteous family and he is married to a wonderful righteous woman. He is a very caring human being, especially when it comes to the care of animals. What is happening to him is uncalled for. I think G-d gave us the ability to question and decide our own destinies for a reason. If Rabbi Slifkin is wrong then it is between him and Hashem to sort out when the time comes.

The Torah I believe frowns on the public humiliation and shaming of a member of ones community. What has been done to Rabbi Slifkin and the backlash on his family is shameful and a bigger "aveirah" (sin) than any that Rabbi Slifkin has supposedly committed.