Thursday, January 20, 2005

A Nushless World!

Last night we had a nushless night. She was at the vet to be "fixed". The last week has been hell because she has been in heat and we have had very little sleep with all the meows and crying.

The vet we take her to is psycho! We have been told he is the best - but boy is he weird. Anyway he insisted on making us stay and watch, said he would explain everything. He picked up a pair of surgical scissors and decided to show us what a female cat's uterus looks like using the scissors as his diagram, scared the youknowwhats out of me, even though I am sure that most of what he said was just for "effect".

I said to my husband that he reminded me of the tour guide who took us on our Safari walk when we were in the Kruger National Park in South Africa on our honeymoon. This guy was over 6 foot tall, in his 60's and he called himself JUMBO!

As we got out of the jeep we were in he said. (imagun a verry strroong South Efrican accent while you read thus).

"You all need to walk in single file, no talking, I can hear a lion grunt or an elephant break a twig. I have been doing this for 25 years and I have only ever had to fire my rifle 25 times *sniffs the air*. What's that, I smell trouble up ahead, something's cooking. Look the giraffes and zebra are running away. Must be a Lion or something. Come let's go have a look!"

Thank goodness Nushy will be back tonight.

--------------------------------

UPDATE: Nush is home and doing well!