Tuesday, January 11, 2005

The Big Wide World

I have been working in a time warp for the last seven years it would seem.

I started my new job yesterday (oh and guess what - I hated the commute :).

I arrived at 10am and was shown my new office. Empty except a desk and chair. Within 20 min someone turned up, introduced himself and welcomed me to the company, and then proceeded to set up my new computer. 20 min later someone else showed up to give me my network login, email information. An hour or so and a tour of the wonderful new building (sun deck and barbecue areas included) and back to my new office where sits on my once empty desk, a complete stationary starters kit, new phone, new cell phone and the keys to my spanking new Mazda 3 car.

The cafeteria has free drinks all day and at 11am they put out fruit and cake.

I am not in Kansas anymore!