Wednesday, February 02, 2005

No pressure!

In today's JP there is an announcement that 38 families have voluntarily agreed to be relocated out of the Gaza strip. First of all I would like to say KOL HAKAVOD for volunteering.

In the same article the spokesperson for Elei Sinai, the settlement where these volunteer evacuees live, is quoted as saying;

Like the 130,000 anti-disengagement protesters who attended the Jerusalem rally on Sunday, he wants the government to hold a national referendum on the issue.
If a referendum were held, he would abide by it. "If it says that Avi Farhan has to leave, I will pack my things in great pain and go." Otherwise, said Farhan, he plans to remain. This is his second experience with evacuation. In 1982, he was forcibly evacuated from Yamit in Sinai. At the end of that year, he and a number of other families from Yamit founded Elei Sinai.

WELL! Avi Farhan, I am one citizen, who without hesitation when filling out my referendum form, would tell you to GET OUT!

I say - let's have the referendum, I say - where are the other 130,000+ people who feel that the disengagement plan ain't so bad? It's time we all started to speak up!