Thursday, May 05, 2005

A Minutes Silence

...Where were you when the siren went off today for Yom Hashoah? I was having my car tested because I want to sell it. 70% of the workers and people at the Mosach were Arab and yet they stopped when the siren went off and hung their heads in silence. Amazing when you think there are ultra-orthodox (mainly Haredi) areas in Israel where they won't play a memorial siren to honor the fallen Soldiers on Yom Hazikaron! More about this next week.

...For some reason Galgalatz only plays Hebrew music on Yom Hashoah. Not sure if it really makes that much difference but I guess it is a way of showing some respect!

...A few years ago someone I know (no I am not telling) did not realize it was Yom Hashoah, when the memorial siren went off she thought there was a war breaking out and she grabbed her baby and locked herself and the baby in the bomb shelter. She didn't come out for a few hours and then only to grab the phone to call he mother to find out what was going on :)

...WE SHALL NOT FORGET!