Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Tis the season to be scrubbing...

I have started my Pessach cleaning. Hard to believe. I am sure I used to make fun of my mother (who is obsessive compulsive in the cleaning department) for starting Pessach cleaning nearly a month before Pessach, but the older I get the more sense it makes.

I just love the way all the bits come out the fridge and can be washed in the sink. My 4-year-old fridge looks brand new and I love it clean! Who would have thought cleaning could be so satisfying.

Another thing about my mother that used to amuse me is that she used to clean the house so it was clean enough for the cleaning lady to clean? Lately though, I keep promising myself that if I can get everything scrubbed once properly then my house will be clean enough to have a cleaning person once a week.

Never thought I would turn out to be just like my mother when it comes to cleaning and just like my father when it comes to computers - who woulda thought I would be the one in the family to do all the "taking-afters"?

Tonight the oven, tomorrow the spare bedroom.