Thursday, April 21, 2005

Parked in #2

Yesterday I went to drop some stuff I had bought for Pessach at my sister-in-law. There were 8 parking spaces and only one car parked in the 3rd space from the right. So I parked in the last (number 8) parking space because I didn't want to block someone and I also didn't want to be there more than 5 min, so I left my bag on the front seat - grabbed my shopping - and rushed up the stairs (1 flight) to drop everything off.

When I came back down 10 min later (I had to get at least 5 kisses from each of my 3 nephews), the woman whose parking space I had obviously taken had PARKED-ME-IN! That is to say she had parked her car directly behind me and I could not reverse out of my space! I went back to ask my sister-in-law whose car it was. I intended to knock on the door, explain very nicely and apologetically that I was in a rush and had lots of parcels to carry and I was only going to be stopping for 5 min etc... I did not want to get into a fight because I figured it would be counter-productive to yell at someone blocking my car.

I knocked on her front door and she refused to open it and after the first knock just ignored the rest of my pleading. I waited 30 min and tried her door again, she continued to ignore me. After a phone call to cancel an appointment with my dietician in Jerusalem, I eventually became enraged! What sort of F#$%^& up person does this to another person for parking in their space? My sister-in-law tells me that this woman hasn't paid her Va'ad Bayit for 2 years and that the whole building pay on her behalf. She would not even open the door and yell at me for parking in her space!!! WHAT SORT OF PERSON IS THIS?

Eventually I got into my brand new Mazda 3, moved my car within a millimeter of the car behind and floored the gas, I managed to move the car behind me just enough to be able to squeeze my car this way and that until I got it out. All I can say is that this woman is very lucky not to have 4 flat tires and a couple of key scratches down the side of her car. I hope when she does teshuvah next YK she remembers what an absolute idiot she has been to people around her this year!

Chag Sameach you moron!