Wednesday, December 21, 2005

MEME Eilat Style!

I have been MEME'd and told off for not MEMEing about my Eilat experience.

Here goes!

5 questions you don't believe you are hearing on a bus full of people going down to Eilat for the weekend.

1. Is that our land or theirs?

2. That view is so beautiful - it must be ours - is it our land?

3. How come there are mountains on the Jordanian side?

4. Is the water salty also on the Jordanian side or only on ours?

5. Can you stop the bus I need to puke (chuck, throw, vomit, hurl, barf, ralph etc....)

5 Things you absolutely have to do in Eilat!

1. Relax by the pool with trashy British magazines. How else would I know that Christine Aguilera married a Jewish guy under a Gothic Chupah in a "Jewish Style" wedding, where they served macaroni and cheese and hamburgers at the reception?

2. Eat good food, however, I highly recommend you don't stay at the Laguna hotel for any gastronomic pleasure.

3. Scuba Dive, if you can't scuba dive then try snuba and if you can't snuba then snorkling is the next best option. The fish are not to be missed.

4. Drink copious amounts of alcohol at the 3 Monkeys and dance the night away. (Or in my case don't drink any alcohol because of liver problems and don't dance because of previous week's stomache surgery. Oh well - sit the night away at the 3 Monkeys - it's still fun in the right company)

5. When all else fails - Shop - but remember it is only 16% off so no need to rush out and buy a kitchen sink.

5 Things not to do on your weekend in Eilat

1. Sit next to stupid people who ask stupid questions on the bus.

2. Sit next to the person who needs to throw up on the bus.

... Okay, I lied, that just about covers it :)

Believe it or not I actually had a great time - and I was well looked after by my roomy the beautiful PP!