Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Of London and Bombs

A few sad things about the London bombs which I've yet to write about:

1. When I talked to my husband (and since with other people) he did not seem all that surpised, he thought it was inevitable - now that is sad...
2. The thought that we go to London to get away from it all and be able to take buses and tubes without thinking about it has been somewhat ruined - now that is sad...
3. The fact that there are countless bodies that the forensics experts still have not identified and that we here in Israel have so many experts with real field experience, just 5 hours away, if only the British people would reach out and accept our help - now that is sad...
4. The Israeli who was living in England because she was too scared of the bombs here and she was killed - now that is sad....

All in all I thank Hashem that the people closest to me are all safe - but I feel so sorry for all the people that were hurt or killed. The fact that we have to live with these fears every day is saddest of all.